jueves, 1 de octubre de 2015

MY AUTOBIOGRAPHY



MY AUTOBIOGRAPHY

Since I was a child I remember that I liked English very much, unfortunately there were not English classes in the primary school where I was studying. So I just know what I heard about it from my older sisters’ homework because they were already in high school.
After some years when I was in fifth grade. The teacher in charge told the students he was going to teach English two hours on Saturdays for the children that really wanted, so I decided to go to those classes. I still remember I learn many things and I thought I was ready for high school.
In sixth grade I was one of the students that liked to participate the most in English classes and I remember most of my English teachers, specially one who taught English but at the same time told us about his experiences being abroad and the differences of how he perceived the culture there, it was very interesting because the class was like the hour for listening his experiences. As the time went by I felt that I wanted to study English, so I decided to study modern languages, in the university I learned a lot. And all that knowledge let me be the teacher that I became these days.
As soon as I finish my career I started to work for a private school, where there were many advantages to teach languages such as the hours per week, amount of the students and materials, besides it most of the students were willing to learn. Soon I moved to the public schools where the teaching seems to be in a different setting, where most of the schools do not have materials, where students are facing social conflicts and their families do not support them in the learning process, all this make some students reluctant to learn English and other subjects and make teaching a challenging process. On the other hand there are some teachers who do not take into account that each student is different.
Working as a teacher made me think that I have to be up to date to give not only knowledge but to make my students think about the importance of learning. And to know how to face different situations in class.
During the years working in public schools I have the opportunity to participate in different trainings or development programs offered by the government. And finally I enrolled in the Master of  English Didactics because I am really convinced that all that I learn would benefit my student’s learning process.

1 comentario:

  1. Dear Leidy,

    While reading your autobiography I related myself to some of your evidences. I personally think all of us were being shaped from our childhood to become teachers. Although some of us did not want to be teachers, now we are on the track trying to do our best

    ResponderEliminar