sábado, 3 de octubre de 2015

INDIVIDUAL REFLECTION- CONCEPTUALIZING TEACHING ACTS






What do you usually do as a teacher? With what kind of rationale?
The first thing I do as a teacher is to know the kind of students that I teach in order to provide them with the necessary strategies and activities for them to learn and taking into account that everyone is different. I also care for teaching them to think about their learning process and try them to become people with values. I also try to reflect after my classes what could be improve for the next time. I am aware that reflection is one important step in the teaching- learning processes.

What is your mind engagement like in the professional exercise of teaching?
I think that in this profession we guide the people that are the present and the future of our society, so I am really engaged to improve my teaching process through my reflection and to teach not only knowledge but make my students to become critical thinkers as humans beings.

How would you characterize your professional, personal and experiential knowledge of teaching?
I know that teaching is an ongoing process, this way I can say that I am concerned with my professional development as a teacher, as a person and as a guide for my students. I think I learn every time that I am with a group of students, every time that I teach in the daily practice.

How do you see the relationship between theory, research and practice?
Well, I think theory, research, and practice are related in the field of teaching in my practice. Here I had learned a lot of theories , approaches and models of teaching that I could apply according to my student’s needs, preferences and learning styles, but it is important to reflect on  those theories to know if really help my students or it has to be done some changes in order to improve the quality of teaching.

To what extent is there a cause-effect relationship between teaching and learning?
As I stated before there is a close relationship between teaching and learning because every time that I teach I learn from my students, and from my beliefs and from what I have studied during my career and the masters. It is to say that is through the process of teaching and the students’ learning that I realized if what I have learned really works.   

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario