viernes, 2 de octubre de 2015

FOURTH JOURNAL



JOURNAL # 4

This class I was with my 7th grade students. I wanted to apply task based to describe. So I started to show the students the vocabulary, they already knew some of them, because we had studied it. Then I took some pictures of famous people and me.

Then I pasted it on the board. They had to write and say what characteristic or how they could describe that person according to the picture. Here I could notice that all the students wanted to participate even the ones who did not do it. So they were engaged with the activity.
The next activity consisted in working in groups. Each group had a cardboard and a picture of one famous person. The teacher gave some information about them and they had to complete with the information they know about that person and the one they could find, there they could search on the internet because some of them had access to it using their cellphones.

After creating a poster the students organize a presentation to report in front of the whole group. I told them each student had to participate and they did it even if it was not the most accurate. They felt comfortable with the report because all the group was in front of the class and they could support each other. 

I noticed that they really enjoyed the activity and worked together to show good results. Even the ones who did not participated took a part in the process and worked with the others.


1 comentario:

  1. Hey Leidy,

    I enjoyed reading your journal because the two activities you did were simple but really engaging and something that most of us find difficult is to make everyone participate. It is also interesting to see the transition you posed from showing them the picture and asking them to describe and then giving instructions to make them work as a team.

    Nice!

    Sergio García

    ResponderEliminar