viernes, 2 de octubre de 2015

FIRST JOURNAL



JOURNAL # 1

I started the class thinking that I would make some changes by applying the cooperative work and make my students work with different partners. First I presented the vocabulary and applied some exercises about reading comprehension according to the topic. Then I told the students they would work in groups but I would organize the groups at random because in that class I wanted to promote cooperative work and that they had the opportunity to share with other classmates different to the usual ones. The first impression was the students' rejection to the group arrangement. Finally they accepted and started to work in the groups I had formed.
Most of the students were engaged during the activities because there were some practices where each group had to show some results. Almost all of the students participated in their groups but there were some students that rejected to work with their partners and remain very quiet and seemed to be that they did not fit in the group. And some of them were complaining to be in those groups.  
After that situation I decided to ask them how did they work?. And what did they think about working in different groups? The answers of some students were “the activities were good, but you are very bad at organizing groups to work in class” “please, let us to choose our partners next time”. So I started thinking how to work with them in the next classes, because I want all of the students participate.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario